Casino bonuses are the way to go if you want to get the most value for the time and money you invest while gambling online. These incentives come in numerous sizes and shapes depending on the brand.
One common form of online casino promotions is the cash bonus which gives you free or extra money to wager on games. Learn more about the various types of offers available at gambling sites to decide which suits you best.
What is a Cash Bonus?
Cash bonuses are actual money handouts that casinos give out to their players. Operators may use these incentives to reward new members for signing up with their sites. The freebies can also be part of current promotions to motivate and encourage existing or loyal customers to continue playing.
The beauty of these promotions is that they make gambling more interesting, rewarding, and risk-free. Players can use the extra or free money awarded by the casino to play more games without using much of their own funds. Besides, you can use the free bankroll to extend your playtime which translates to better payback in the long run. Also, the funds could come in handy if you want to try out a new casino or game without risking your own money.
Different Types of Cash Bonuses
Gambling sites offer various types of money bonuses to their members depending on their interaction and status. As a player, you will find that not every offer will meet all your needs or suit your gambling style.
Here is an overview of the various incentives you'll come across at online casinos:
- No deposit free money bonus: The no-deposit cash bonus is one of the many types of new customer offers at online casinos. In this promotion, the player gets a small amount of money to jumpstart their real money gambling adventure upon registration. This is the ideal offer if you want to explore a new casino and the available games without putting your funds on the line.
- Match deposit: Unlike the no-deposit promotion, a match deposit gives you a heftier bankroll when you fund your account. Usually, the house will match your deposit by a certain percentage up to a set amount. For example, 150% match up to $600. This means that if you send $100 to your account, the site will give you $150 in bonus funds and you'll have $250 to play with. The deal can be part of a welcome offer or reload promotions for existing players.
- Cashbacks: Some gambling houses will refund your stake up to a specified percentage if you lose while playing at their sites. This type of bonus is known as cashback.
- Refer a friend promotion: Occasionally, you might come across a casino that rewards you for referring your friends to their site. Usually, the house will give you a specified amount of free money to play with when your friend makes a deposit or when they place wagers on games.
- Free play vouchers: Although a bit uncommon, the free play promo is one of the most rewarding incentives you can find online. The offer is ideal for high rollers since it gives you a bigger bankroll that you must use within the specified time. For example, you can get a $1500 free play voucher valid for one hour.
How to Convert a Cash Bonus to Real Money
Casino promotions can be a real gold mine if you know how to spot a good offer and use it to your advantage.
Cash bonuses, for example, can be used on different games just like your real funds. The genres include slots, jackpots, video poker, and table games, although some sites may specify what games are eligible for an offer.
However, you will find that whatever you win while wagering your free bankroll goes to your bonus account and you cannot withdraw it immediately. This is because a majority of casinos impose wagering requirements on their promotions to separate serious players from jokers. A wagering requirement indicates the number of times you must wager the free amount before asking to cash out. For example, if the house gives you $200 in free money with a 30X wagering requirement, you must wager $6000 ($200 * 30) in bonus funds before requesting to withdraw any winnings.