Canadians in 2020 have a plethora of no deposit casino coupons to take advantage of, and we've outlined all you need to know to do so.
Types of No Deposit Bonuses for Canadian Players
There are plenty of ND casino promotions for Canadians. Many are of a similar type but some might surprise you.
- Free Spins - This is typically a small sum, perhaps $30, worth of free spins. Often tied to a specific slots game, this can be a stand-alone promo or come as part of a welcome bonus package (as can the other promos mentioned here).
- Free Credits - Less common but very similar to the spins is the free credits offer. This is a modest sum that is usually for a specific table game.
- Free Cash - Much more flexible than the first two, this promotion allows the player to try any game in the casino, although the sum of money is once again on the low side.
- Free Play - Players who prefer short bursts of activity might like this one. The cash sum is higher but there's a strict time limit. Play what you like and when the time limit's up the bonus cash vanishes. But you get to keep any profits you made in the meantime.
- Referral Deals - A friend can offer financial benefits with this promo. Just refer a friend to the casino and upon registration, the site will give you a little something for your trouble (usually free cash).
Casino Games to Use NP Promotions On
If you have a code that isn't tied to a specific game, you might be wondering what the most effective games are for finishing ahead. We've got the answers for players from Canada.
- Slots - Slots tend to contribute 100% to the wagering requirement whereas other games often contribute much less or nothing at all.
- Blackjack - If table games do contribute 100%, opt for blackjack. It has the best rate of return of any table game.
- Ignore Jackpots - Due to the withdrawal cap (explained below) there's no point chasing jackpots because even if you win you won't be able to withdraw it. Focus on RTP (return to player) instead.
Wagering Requirements Explained
Wagering requirements mean that a Canadian player must wager a certain amount before they can withdraw their promotion and any winnings. This is often around 30x the value of the promotion (a lower multiple, of course, being better). Finding no deposit bonuses with lower requirements can seem tricky (there's a huge number from which to choose), but one way to do so efficiently is to use review type websites, such as canadiannodeposits.com, which compile lists you can peruse swiftly. Another good way to meet the requirement is to focus on high RTP slots with low volatility to reduce the risk of losing.
Other No Deposit Bonus Terms to Keep in Mind
There are one or two other restrictions on promo offers, and we've put together a little list of the most common ones.
- Withdrawal Cap - Most deals come with a cap, a ceiling on the maximum amount you can withdraw. This is usually a few hundred dollars.
- Household Limits - Bonuses are typically limited to one per household so if you're a Canadian whose housemates also like a bet this will mean only one of you will be able to exploit a given deal.
- Time Limits - Alongside the previously noted short time limit for free play, pretty much every offer comes with a time limit. Usually, these aren't onerous but it's as well to check the detail so you don't end up trying to use your free cash only to discover it expired last Tuesday.
Is it Possible to win Real Money in Canada?
Yes. But bear in mind the house always has an edge, and the larger the wagering requirements the more unlikely it is you'll be able to finish ahead.